Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser

On a recent trip, I found myself unhappy with the face wash I had packed, and needed an alternative (more on that face wash in another post). I didn't want to go to the drugstore and pick something out, so I was super elated when my hubby and I wandered across an Ulta store and I saw that they had a mini size of Philosophy's 'Purity Made Simple' One Step Facial Cleanser.



I had been hearing so many raves about this product, but never wanted to shell out the money to try it, plus my skin is very picky as to what products it will take to. But, I thought this would be the perfect time to just bite the bullet, spend the $10, and commence on the road to great skin, as everyone seems to agree this product will provide for you.

So, later that day (after hours of walking around in the hot weather and sweating up a storm), I went into the hotel bathroom, and washed my face for the first time with this product. As the instructions said, I used lukewarm water to wet my face and rubbed it in for a minute, to make sure I got a complete, deep down clean. Since I had read several stellar reviews on how this face cleanser eliminated the need for prior makeup remover and a moisturizer afterward, I didn't remove any makeup before I washed my face, and I gave my moisturizer the day off afterward, just to give the cleanser a chance completely on its own.

Let me say that the smell of the cleanser is wonderful; it's a clean, fresh lemon scent, which I love. After washing the cleanser off completely, I patted my face dry, and ran a piece of toilet paper across my face to be sure all my makeup was off. Good news, there was no sign of it left; score! But then, my face started to feel really tight, and alas, five minutes later, I looked in the mirror to find my usual dry spots appear, which was very sad. I have a huge problem with super dry skin, mostly in the winter, but in the summer I find that a little bit of moisturizer and the right cleanser will give me a slight reprieve. Well, this is not the right cleanser for that.

I absolutely loved the scent and the clean feeling it gave me, but if I see my dry patches after washing (with lukewarm water), I know that if I keep using it, it will make the dryness worse. How disappointing :-(

I did troop through it for the rest of the week, though, as the alternative was an even worse one. The result was much of the same, and even when I used my moisturizing lotion afterward, my skin felt tight and those patches were creeping beneath the surface. Also, I got a big, honking pimple on my chin...the type that is huge, hurts alot, and doesn't go away for about two weeks. I'm pretty sure I can attribute it to the cleanser, since I broke out along my forehead as well, though those spots went away immediately after I stopped using the cleanser and went back to my normal one at home.

So, lovelies, I'm sorry to say that Philosophy's 'Purity Made Simple' face cleanser did not do the miracle work for me that everyone else seemed to experience. I think it would work better on those of you who have normal skin (possibly oily skin), and who don't worry about dryness or breakouts. However, if you want more information on the product and its ingredients, here is the link to Philosophy's site:
http://www.philosophy.com/skincare-cleansers/purity-made-simple-product

The cleanser comes in five sizes:
3 oz. - $10
8 oz. - $20
16oz. - $32
24 oz. - $40
32 oz. - $47.50

and can be purchased online through Philosophy's site, and in-store and online through Sephora and Ulta (and possibly other beauty stores/sites; the ones above are just the ones I know for sure).

So, lovelies, leave a comment below and let me know if you've used this product and what your experiences were, whether you've found your own miracle face cleanser, or any thoughts in general :-)


Thanks so much for reading, and have a wonderful day!!!

xoxo









*Disclaimer: Photo is my own. All opinions are my own, I am not affiliated with any of the brands/companies mentioned, and all products mentioned were purchased by me, with my own money...no one is funding my makeup habit lol.

3 comments:

  1. i've heard good reviews on this too. but i've been hesitant to try it. thank you for the review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. great site by informative.. Its relevant of my business..

    ReplyDelete


  3. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.



    Good Facial Cleansers

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, and share your opinions on almost anything! I love hearing from you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...