Wednesday, June 29, 2011

** Makeup Tag! **

I love me some Tags, so when I saw that Brooke and Kendyl had posted this Tag on their blogs, I thought I'd get in on the fun! (click on their names to check out their blogs!)

I think Tags are fun, and they help you get to know a little more about the person who answers the questions, so I hope you read on to get a better glimpse into my obsession ;-)

Also, I *tag* all of you!! So, if you choose to complete this Tag and post it on your blog or YouTube, link back here and let me know, because I'd love to read/see it!

And here we go:

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
Technically, the first time I wore makeup was when I was 3 years old and I dug into my mom's purse and put on her bright pink lipstick (hey, it was the 80s!). However, I didn't start to wear makeup on an everyday basis until I was 13 years old, and even then it was only lipstick and mascara.

2. How did you get into makeup?
I didn't fully "get into" makeup until I was in college, but all through my life I used to watch my mom and my grandmother get made up for work or everyday, and I used to be so excited on special occasions when they would allow me to wear a tiny dab of lipstick. As I grew up and started wearing makeup more and more, the excitement stuck with me, and the fun of it all is what keeps me going.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
I do like a mix of brands and products, but I find that MAC, Too Faced, Tarte, Wet n Wild, CoverGirl and NYX make the products that really blend well with my lifestyle and what I need in a product.

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Makeup is a form of self-expression and creativity. Makeup is something that can be a bonding experience and just the smell of a certain product can bring back great memories. Makeup can change a person's outlook on life, change their attitude, and let them be exactly who they want to be. Just a little dab of lipgloss can make my day, sometimes!

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
Moisturizer, MAC MSF, a little bit of cream colored eyeshadow and tinted lipbalm

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
Pretty packaging! :-p
Really though, I love finding colors that complement my skintone and feel good when applied. I love it when all the products come together to give me a great look because it makes my day a bit brighter!

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I think it is all a matter of preference. I definitely think that some drugstore makeup brands have excellent ranges of colors and quality, and most of my collection is made up of drugstore brands. However, there are a few key pieces in high end products that I am willing to shell out for because they just work better for me.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Start out small, and don't feel like you need to wear a full face of makeup just to be "beautiful", because you don't. The fun is in the experimentation of finding colors that work for you, so start out with cheaper brands, and wear what makes you comfortable.

9. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
Oh boy, here we go! I think that the beauty community, as a whole, can be a very educational and helpful place. There are some wonderful people on there, who really do want to help when others have a question or just to share their knowledge and experiences. However, most of those people (with the exception of a few "gurus"), are largely overlooked and don't get the credit they deserve because there are other "gurus" who are affiliated with companies, are more popular, and have more subscribers. If someone's video views are low, there is a very slight chance that their video will be seen when a product is searched for, simply because others have paid to have their videos featured. And then, unfortunately, their opinion gets lost in the shuffle.
It's also sad that there are so many people who thrive on leaving nasty comments on videos and trying to break others down. Personally, I'm enjoying the blogosphere a bit more :-) And, that's my rant! :-P

10. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Dark lipliner and light lipstick. It always looked trashy to me lol


Thanks for reading!!
xoxo




*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own, and I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Dark liner and light lipstick looks trashy on everyone, don't worry LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad I was NOT the only one who didn't do the lip liner thing! HAHA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This "tag" is a fun idea! We participate in YouTube tag videos, but now you've got me thinking that we could mix it up with some written tags occasionally!

    Just found your blog via NeutraKris & we're now following you!

    Come over & visit our blog & follow back! We'd love to have you!!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tag! I'm totally about to do it!

    Love your blog too, it's so fun! I just started following you. Check out my blog and if you like, follow back*

    http://thealiwalker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took this tag and did it on my blog! I put a link to your blog on the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i so agree with the dark lip liner and light lipstick trend..i never liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, and share your opinions on almost anything! I love hearing from you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...