Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Nexxus ProMend Leave-In Treatment Creme


Imagine my delight a few months ago, when I heard that Nexxus was coming out with a new line of hair products that targets sealing and getting rid of your split ends. My hair is very curly, very thick, and pretty darn damaged, and I have always had a problem with split ends. So, I was extremely excited about this ProMend line, and thought (as usual) that this was the product that was going to help me get rid of those pesky things.


I waited until right before I got a trim at my salon and then went in search of this product, only to find that it would set me back about $13. Quite a bit to spend on some hair creme, but I vowed to give it a shot. So, I bought it, got my hair cut, and started using the creme as directed after every hair washing (which is about three times a week).


After the first week, my hair still had that fresh cut look and feeling, and I didn't notice many split ends. Thus, I continued on with the product.


After the second week, I started noticing more split ends, but not a whole lot, so I thought "Hey, this stuff might actually be doing what it is supposed to".


Then, we get to the third week...and all split end heck broke loose. I had not been using styling tools on my hair during the past few weeks (i.e. curling irons, straighteners, or even my hair dryer), so I have nothing to blame the emergence of the split ends on anything except for the fact that my hair is just difficult like that. Hence the reason I tried the stuff. But when the ProMend claims that by using the creme, it will instantly seal split ends, and over time eliminate 92% of them, I do not expect split ends to come back in full force three weeks after a haircut. Alas, they did.


I decided to use it for one more week (making it a full month to give this product a chance), but I still saw no improvement, and even more split ends popped up. The ends seemed to be sealed right after I applied the creme, but when my hair dried, they were in full split glory. Throughout the day, my ends continued to be split and dry, and my heart sank at another product that doesn't do what it claims (for my stubborn hair, at least).


Now, let me just say that, No, I did not use the ProMend Shampoo, Conditioner, and Overnight Creme during this time frame. I stuck with my usual moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and used my deep conditioner once a week like I always had. I wanted to give this one product a try before trying the rest of the expensive line. Also, normally, after I get my haircut, it takes almost six weeks for bad split ends to show up with my usual haircare routine.


So, for my hair, using this product seemed to speed up the appearance of split ends. It is very unfortunate because I was really rooting for this treatment to work! But, no dice :-(


I am not saying that this product might not work on hair that does not have a tendency to show dryness and damage. In fact, if your hair is in fairly good condition, and you are worried about the occasion split end, this creme might actually work. But for you all out there who just can't seem to find a way to get rid of those split ends, and deter them from coming back, this is not the product for you. (Sorry, Nexxus)
Verdict (for my curly, dry, damaged hair): Fail




But, to give Nexxus a fair chance, below is the link to the product's website, so you can find out information for yourself:
http://www.nexxus.com/Product/PRO%e2%80%a2MEND-Leave--In-Treatment-Cr%c3%a8me/Split-End-Binding-Targeted-Leave--In-Treatment-Cr%c3%a8me


I have seen the full line of ProMend products at mass market drugstores, such as Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc., so if you do want to try it for yourself, it should be fairly easy to find. It will probably run between $10 and $14 (I have seen this range of prices in the stores surrounding my area).


If you have tried this product, please leave a comment and let me know how it worked for you! I know that my opinion is not the be-all, end-all, so please feel free to share your thoughts...it might just help out someone else! :-)


Thanks so much for dropping by and reading!
xoxo










*By the way, all products mentioned were bought with my own money, and all opinions are completely my own. Not affiliated with any companies mentioned. Thanks for reading this far down ;-p *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, and share your opinions on almost anything! I love hearing from you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...