Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Blast From The Past: Returning to Sweet Valley!!!

Ok, so I know this is not beauty related per se, but I know that I can't be the only one who grew up reading about the mischief that went on in Sweet Valley, CA involving those infamous Wakefield twins! I feel like those perfect size six, shoulder length blonde haired, blue-green eyed sisters, driving their Fiat Spider, and wearing their lavalieres, were friends to me. From the time I learned to read up until high school, I'll readily admit that I immersed myself in the world that Francine Pascal so brilliantly dreamed up; whether the incarnation was Sweet Valley High, Sweet Valley Twins, or Sweet Valley University...and maybe even a Sweet Valley Kids book or two.




However, life went on, and I realized that everything wasn't so perfect and couldn't be resolved in the span of 200 pages, so my poor Wakefield twins fell by the wayside. Until, that is, now. Ms. Francine Pascal has been so kind to release the next chapter in our beloved twins' lives, and let me tell you, it is nothing like we're used to!




Without giving any of the story away, this book picks up ten years after the twins graduated from high school and college (they are now twenty-seven years old), and takes place in modern day Sweet Valley, CA and New York City. The twins have had a falling out like no one has ever seen, and the situations are a bit more grown up. I, of course, got the book as soon as I heard it had been released, and I thoroughly enjoyed it...although I have to say that it is so different than the regular series, that it unsettled me a bit. But nonetheless, I do hope this turns into a series (which there have been rumblings of yay!).


For a synopsis of the book, or just so general Sweet Valley fun, you can go here:
http://www.sweetvalleytenyearslater.com/


So tell me, have you read the book? Were you a fan of the Sweet Valley series? Or do you think it was a bunch of malarky, and preferred The Babysitter's Club...or maybe even something more dark like the Fear Street books? Leave a comment and let me know! :)


Thanks for reading :)
xoxo












*All products mentioned were bought with my own money, all opinions are completely my own, and I am not affiliated with any of the brands/companies mentioned. Photo credit for Sweet Valley High books goes to: http://childrenofthenineties.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-valley-high.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, and share your opinions on almost anything! I love hearing from you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...